- You reuse last year's Christmas cards and send them out under your own name. (5
- You steal light bulbs from you neighbor's outdoor display to replenish your own supply. (5
points; 10 if neighbor's whole light sets or lighted Santa goes out)
- You have dressed a dog or cat as Santa Claus, elf helper, or reindeer. (10 points for each;
if you dressed an endangered species, 5 extra points)
- You put out last year's stale candy canes for children. (1 point for each piece of sticky
candy; if you also put out a chocolate or marzipan Santa, add 10 points)
- You enclose a shoddy and inferior gift from Target, Wal-Mart, or K-Mart in a Bloomingdale's
or other prestige store's box to impress your friends. (5 points for each
- You make collect long distance phone calls to your family on Christmas day (5 points; 10 if
from a cell phone claiming you are stuck in a phone booth)
- At the office Christmas party, you horde huge stockpiles of goodies for later consumption at
home. (5 points; 15 points if you use this stuff for your own party)
- You steal the wreath from a parked car to use on your own. (Southern California & Florida
only, others ignore: 5 points)
- After an invitation to a friend's house, you bring a commercially-produced fruitcake and try
to pass it off as homemade. (5 points; 15 points if the fruitcake is from last year)
- Taking toys from the Toys-for-Tots collection bins is a definite no-no. (20
Evaluate your score on the "Grinch Scale" from 20 to 100:
- 20-30: You're just a cheeseball.
- 30-50: You're an apprentice in Yuletide larceny and are probably wanted for overdue parking tickets.
- 50-100: Grinch, move over!